There are many differences between Chaffee Roofing and the next contractor. See below for some of the differences and distinctions that we have earned.
Family Owned and Operated for Over 100 years
Our family business was founded in 1908, over 100 years ago. That’s quite an accomplishment, considering the average contractor stays in business for only 2 years. Since we were founded in 1908, three generations of Chaffee’s have owned the company, and four generations have worked at Chaffee.
For more information on our history, see The Chaffee Legacy
Project Management Experience
Our project management team is one of the most experienced in the industry! Through our combined experience, we have seen many trends come and go, competitors rise and fall, problems created and solved, and much else. Meet Our Team for bio’s on our project management team.
Installation Crew Experience
Our crews have extensive experience working on every type of major flat roofing system available. Some highlights of our installation crews include:
- Our crews have installed every type of roof system using every installation technique and every type of insulation more times than they care to admit.
- Every Chaffee installer attends training at least annually to stay updated with the latest manufacturer’s requirements and roofing products.
- The crews that installed any of the roof systems mentioned throughout our website will be the same crews working on your building.
See safety tab for training and safety requirements. For examples of projects our crews have completed, see Who Has a Chaffee Roof.
At Chaffee Roofing, we take safety seriously. Our safety program goes above and beyond OSHA’s requirements, with some highlights being:
- Our crews are 100% harnessed in and tied off outside the perimeter safety flags. Most competitors follow standard OSHA regulations, which do not require crews to be tied off.
- Third party random safety inspections conducted by former OSHA officers. Their reports go directly to Steve Chaffee, the president and owner.
- Dedicated safety classes conducted annually, with safety reviews monthly.
Specialized in Flat Reroofing Work over Occupied Buildings
Every roofing job Chaffee works on is over flat, occupied buildings. That means that our entire company understands better than any other contractor how to work around existing conditions. If your buildings operations have certain requirements, let us know during the roof design process, and we can find a solution for you. For examples of places we have worked, and there unique requirements, see Industries Served.
Awards and Recognition from Industry Leaders
At Chaffee Roofing, we aren’t just certified with the major manufacturers, we are praised by them. The major manufacturers in the roofing industry have given us numerous awards for our high quality installations. Some highlights of our awards are:
- Carlisle ESP Achievement from 2001 to 2012
- Carlisle’s Hall of Fame Award for over 250 perfect 10 roofs
- Firestone Partner in Quality award
- Stevens Roofing Systems Alliance Award from 1997 to 2005
- Stevens Roofing Systems Distinguished Service Awards
- Many More
For more information, see awards.
Once we start production, we don’t stop until the roof is installed
Many contractors will stock a job, start a small section, collect their first paycheck, and then disappear. Then, you are left with the task of calling them repetitively to get them back to work on your job. Less reputable contractors may never return to your roof.
At Chaffee Roofing, once we start a job, we don’t stop until the job is completed. We typically stock a job in advance to get the project prepared for production. But, once we lay down the first section of your roof, we will be back every work day the weather allows until your new roof is installed.
Should a problem occur on your roof, what happens if the contractor you chose doesn’t have enough insurance? What if they don’t have any insurance? If you go with Chaffee Roofing, you can rest assured that if the worst should happen, you are covered. A copy of our insurance certificate is in every proposal we deliver, so take a look for yourself!