Emergency roof repair by the most trusted roofing companies in Rhode Island
Chaffee Industrial Roofing is one of Rhode Island’s oldest and most trusted roofing companies with over a century of experience in commercial roof repairs, so we know a thing or two about emergency roof leak repair service.
Nothing can ruin the day of a building owner or property manager quite like roof leaks and other problems that are the result of roofing damage. They’re costly, unsightly, and threaten the daily operations of your business at the most inopportune times! Additionally, now you have to find a trustworthy commercial roofing company to inspect your roof, identify the source of the leak(s), and create a plan for repairs.
Fortunately, Chaffee Industrial Roofing is New England’s choice for professional roofing, and we have the experience and the knowledge to get you in the dry and your building back to normal in short order, all while preserving much of your property maintenance budget!
Signs You Need Roof Repairs
Sometimes when your property is in need of commercial roof repairs the writing is on the wall (or even the ceiling!) When you notice visible signs of leaks and other damage, it’s time to schedule an inspection and begin the process of repairs. Telltale signs that your roof needs repairs include, but are not limited to:
- Water stains on the ceiling indoors: water stains mean that rain has infiltrated the roof and traveled down far enough through insulation to appear on the inside of your building. This is a cause for immediate action as it will only get worse, and often leads to mold and mildew in roof spaces.
- Sagging or dipping roof: if your commercial roof is sagging down, then it is probably logged with water. Water enters in through punctures, broken seams, and improper flashings and begins to saturate the roofing membrane and insulation. This is a major cause for concern not only because of mold build-up caused by the subsequent leaks, but also because there is a chance of long term structural damage
- Cracks, holes, punctures in your roof: any kind of hole in your roof is inviting rain water and other debris into your roofing membrane. These need to be fixed immediately, and are typically a cause for emergency roof repair. These tend to be some of the noticeable damages on flat roofing systems.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Properties that have steep slope sections with asphalt, slate, or tile shingles are prone to losing shingles in powerful wind storms. Once a shingle is missing, the underlayment is exposed to the elements and creates an opportunity for rain water, snow, or hail to damage the roof structure.
- Increased energy bills: some damage creates holes and penetrations in the roof can be difficult to see, and may not necessarily show signs of leaks right away. What you may find, though, is that air can freely transfer in and out of the building, causing the efforts of HVAC systems to be greatly diminished. Harder working HVAC systems result in steeper energy bills, so when you notice your bill is increasing while the settings remain constant, it’s high time you have a professional commercial roofer perform a roof inspection.
What Causes Roof Leaks?
Exposure to the elements is known to be an underlying factor in many instances of roof leaks. Heavy rain, snow, hail, and strong winds can damage even the newest roof systems, causing unfortunate and costly leaks. Physical damage caused by foot traffic or other debris from weather events can cause degradation and ultimately lead to commercial roof repairs. Conditions that lead to leaks are often caused by:
- Tears, punctures, and holes in the roof: From a branch falling onto a TPO roof membrane to a section of roof pulled up by a wind storm, holes in the roof are one of the most obvious sources of roof leaks. They will almost certainly result in the need for emergency roof leak repair if the damage occurs during a rainy season.
- Flashing failure: Sometimes roof flashings are not installed properly or become damaged throughout the life of a roof, therefore opening up an opportunity for rainwater to get in between the roof membrane and a vertical protrusion. This creates a consistent avenue for water to seep in and cause roof leaks. Although they are harder for the untrained eye to spot, these can be caught by regular scheduled commercial roof inspections!
- Poor drainage: drainage is critical to keeping a roof dry and preventing emergency roof leak repair. Clogged gutters and downspouts can result in ponding water in low areas of a flat roof system. When water ponds on a specific area of the roof for too long it can cause the roof to prematurely age, as well as work to open any seams leading to leaks.
- Improper seals: Failing sealant on commercial roofs can occur either during installation when a less-than-reputable contractor performs the installation, or over time as the roofing materials expand and contract, causing the seals to deteriorate. Weak seals at pipe penetrations, pourable sealer pockets, exposed termination bar, etc. are notorious for allowing water to penetrate the roof system.
Commercial Roof Repairs
Here at Chaffee Industrial Roofing, we believe in doing what’s in the best interest of our client and their property – and not what will turn the highest profit in short order. We work closely with our clients, offering a consultative approach to roof repairs so that the customer is armed with all the information they need to help make the best decision for their business and their budget.
Sometimes old, damaged roofs need to be replaced and sometimes they simply need expert repairs and a schedule of preventative maintenance. At Chaffee, we follow a tried and true process that satisfies property managers and building owners as well as maximizes the value of their budget.
Our first order of business once we’re scheduled for a roof repair is the following comprehensive commercial roof inspection:
- Schedule and perform a visual inspection complete with photo documentation
- Check the interior of the building to determine the source of possible leaks.
- Inspect Flashings around the edges of the roof and at protrusions.
- Inspect Vents for damage
- Check entire roof surface for punctures and open seams
- Test drainage systems for clogging and ponding water by performing a flush (if applicable).
- Clear gutters and downspouts (if applicable).
- Perform core cuts to confirm what the existing roof assembly is and to check for wet areas.
- Develop and present findings as well as professional recommendations for clients.
Once all damage is documented and a commercial roof repair plan is agreed upon, we’ll get to work as soon as possible to get our clients in the dry and back to their regularly scheduled operations!
As one of the top roofing companies in Rhode Island, we know that our customers’ time is money. That’s why we work hard to avoid unnecessary operational disruptions and costly delays. When you choose Chaffee, you choose thoughtful, professional, and experienced commercial roofers!
Emergency Roof Repair
When disaster strikes and threatens to cause extensive damage to your property it’s critical that you schedule emergency roof repair immediately! Our team is always ready to answer the call.
We can provide temporary roofs while helping develop a plan for full roof repairs or replacement. Don’t put your faith in fly-by-night roofers who cut corners. Trust the only 115 year old roofing company in Rhode Island to get you and keep you dry!
Get A Free Consultation Today!
Whether you have a question about types of roofs, the roofing process, or want to discuss your needs further, please fill out this brief form below, and someone will be in touch with you within 24 hours.
If you need immediate assistance our Emergency Phone is: 401-432-7670
"*" indicates required fields